Radiant Barrier Insulation
Schedule an appointment for us to provide an estimate for the work you want done.
CALL US TODAY! Best time to call - Between 8am-4pm, Monday-Thursday
Is your energy bill out of control? Use Radiant Barrier Plus to reduce cooling costs by 30% or more!
Southern Comfort Home Improvements and Maintenance installs radiant barriers in homes -- usually in attics -- primarily to reduce summer heat gain and reduce cooling costs. The barriers consist of a highly reflective material that reflects radiant heat rather than absorbing it. Radiant Barrier reflects 97% of this radiant energy making your regular, existing attic insulation more effective and keeping you cooler.
So how does it work? Radiant barriers are installed in homes -- usually in attics -- primarily to reduce summer heat gain and reduce cooling costs. The barriers consist of a highly reflective material that reflects radiant heat rather than absorbing it. When the sun heats a roof, it's primarily the sun's radiant energy that makes the roof hot. Much of this heat travels by conduction through the roofing materials to the attic side of the roof. The hot roof material then radiates its gained heat energy onto the cooler attic surfaces, including the air ducts and the attic floor. A radiant barrier reduces the radiant heat transfer from the underside of the roof to the other surfaces in the attic. As a result, the radiant barrier reduces heat tranfer from attic to living space up to 50%.
Plus, you get these other benefits:
• Works to keep warm air in during the winter and solar radiant heat out during the summer.
• Prevents up to 97% of solar radiation.
• Reduces power bills by up to 30%
• Reduces attic temperatures by up to 20-30ºF
• Improves energy efficiency and lowers utility costs, especially if HVAC and duct systems are located in the attic.
• Provides faster heating and cooling with fewer cycle times. This extends the lifespan of your HVAC equipment.
• Greater control over heating, air-conditioning, and humidity.
• More comfortable, more precise heating and air-conditioning.
• May allow for a smaller, cheaper HVAC system.
• No maintenance required.
We pride ourselves on our fine workmanship and excellent customer service. We show up for our appointments and keep our commitments. Unlike our competitors, we don't begin a job and then return days or weeks later to finish. We don't leave a job until it's finished.